As you’re probably aware if you’re in general industry, OSHA issued a much stricter requirement for the new permissible exposure level (PEL) of silica dust and the deadline is June 23, 2018. Employers can comply with the new rule and significantly reduce the risk of silica exposure by implementing best housekeeping practices. These measures include an improved maintenance plan with proper equipment to reduce or eliminate dangerous dust that settles on floors, walls, and overhead areas.
On May 23, we’ll be sponsoring a webinar to provide professionals in manufacturing and maintenance with:
- A basic understanding of the silica dust issue;
- Review of the OSHA standard;
- Critical housekeeping tips and recommendations, as they pertain to Nilfisk’s first-hand experiences; and,
- Q&A time to discuss specific issues.
DATE: May 23, 2018
TIME: 2:00PM ET – 1:00PM CT – 11:00AM PT
- Norman Nowosinski, P.E., Director of Engineering. Norman Nowosinski has more than 30 years of engineering, construction and industrial market and sales experience. He works directly with Nilfisk’s sales team and engineers to provide customers with solutions and installation options to meet regulatory requirements.
- Terry Oelkers, District Sales Manager. Terry Oelkers is responsible for helping Nilfisk customers choose the right vacuum solution for their facilities and unique housekeeping needs in the Mid-West region of the United States. Terry has developed first-hand knowledge of the challenges and concerns manufacturers face as they attempt to decrease their risk, keep their employees safe and meet government guidelines.